We are taking enrollments for the 2022-23 school year! Our enrollment continues to grow each year and we are excited to have you join us!
Below are instructions on how to begin enrolling your child in Hamtramck Public Schools.
Please come to the administration building at 3201 Roosevelt to obtain the enrollment documents and we will be glad to walk you through the whole process.
Below are the items you will need to bring with you.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
A photo I.D. from the Parent/Guardian enrolling the child(ren).
A photo I.D. can be a driver's license, state I.D., passport or visa. This is for identification of the person only and doesn't require the current address to be on it.
NOTE: If someone is acting as the student's guardian, then we need to be provided with the proof of guardianship paperwork.
Residency InformationOne of the following current proofs (within the past 30 days) with your name and address:
- Gas, electric, phone, water, cable and/or property tax bill
- Rent receipt
- Formal signed lease/rental agreement
- Verification of tenants through management of rental unit
- Closing statement on the residence
- Mortgage payment book or monthly mortgage statement
- Home/renters insurance statement
- Paycheck indicating home address
- Official letter or statement from DHS/Social Security verifying home address
- Birth certificate (must be translated into English), passport, visa or green card
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Most recent report card (1st-8th grade) or transcript (9th-12th grade)
- IEP (most recent, if applicable)
- 504 Plan (if applicable)
- Health Appraisal
- Kindergarten Waiver (required if the child turns five years old between September 2nd to December 1st of that school year)
The forms mentioned above are available under the Additional Forms section.
- Must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022.
- Proof of income in required for the program.
Registration does not guarantee acceptance into the Great Start Readiness Program for preschool. Acceptance is based on income and risk factors. Early Childhood Elementary will send additional paperwork will be sent to you before acceptance can occur.
Director of Pupil Services
Iman Velasquez, Administrative Assistant:
Hours: 8:00am - 3:00pm
HPS Administration Building
3201 Roosevelt Street
Hamtramck, MI 48212