End of the School Year
June 15, 2022
Dear HPS Families,
The best part about the last day of school is getting to witness our students recognize their own growth and achievement. There is something special about watching students leave their classrooms for the last time, full of knowledge, curiosity and courage that will stay with them for a lifetime. We will certainly miss the energy our buildings possess when school is in full swing, but hope that summer break is relaxing and refreshing for our entire community.
This year has been a whirlwind of adaptation and change, and despite this, our students, parents and staff have remained engaged with one another. It is because of this excellent partnership that we are able to ensure that every child feels seen, heard and supported in the classroom. The achievements of Hamtramck Public Schools are shared with the community, and we could not be more thankful. As I reflect on the 2021-22 school year, I wanted to shed light on some achievements and milestones:
• Hamtramck Public School students were awarded over $1 million dollars worth of scholarships
• Hamtramck Public Schools is now offering Summer School & STEAM Camps for all K-12 students
• Hamtramck Public Schools has now partnered with General Motors for multiple 21st century projects and initiatives
• High School students competed in their first ever Suit-Up Challenge and won first place
• Hamtramck Public Schools is building a partnership with Wayne County Community College to offer college courses for our high school students
As we enter the summer months, we encourage our students to have fun and prioritize academic achievements. It’s our goal that when students return to our classrooms this fall, they are able to pick up where they left off. This can look like reading for at least 20 minutes a day or practicing math and science at home.
Finally, Hamtramck Public Schools is open for enrollment for the 2022-23 school year. Please reach out to our enrollment office at 313-591-7422 for more information and to enroll today. I look forward to the 2022-23 school year, which starts on September 6, 2022, but for now, we wish you a safe and relaxing summer!
Nabil M. Nagi
Hamtramck Public Schools