Virtual Learning Institute (VLI)
Pearson Connexus 4-12 Online and Blended Learning
What is Pearson Connexus?
Connexus is one of the most comprehensive and reliable education management systems for the online classroom available. This intuitive and user-friendly online classroom learning platform connects students with their lessons, teachers, and a wide range of educational resources.
The curriculum will be unquestionably a core strength of the learning experience for our students. Developed by curriculum experts who use high-quality, age-appropriate resources from leading print and online publishers, the rigorous curriculum supports 21st century readiness by engaging students in their ability to reason, be resilient, and become responsible for their learning. Each course in the curriculum is aligned to state and/or national standards, such as the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), International Association for K–12 Online Learning (INACOL) standards for online learning, and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). It aligns and meets Michigan grade-level and content standards and expectations. Pearson Connexus assessments follow best practices and align to many state tests, as well as the next generation assessments that are used to prepare students for college and careers.
From the personalized Connexus homepage, students can:
- View daily and monthly schedules
- Access lessons
- Monitor progress through the online grade book (for students in grades 6 and above)
- Communicate with teachers and students through (Pearson) WebMail and Message Boards
- Access many online learning resources
- Participate in clubs and activities
From the personalized Connexus homepage, parents can:
- View students' schedules, assignments, and lessons
- Adjust the learning schedule for students
- Monitor students' progress using the online grade book
- Communicate with teachers and other families via (Pearson's) secure webmail and message boards